- A much easier way to add Recent Items rules. Try it!
- Added a dialog to choose a file or folder when creating a rule for the Files and Folders cleaner, so now you don't have to type the path manually.
- The Files and Folders as well as the Trash cleaners can now securely delete files (35-pass Gutmann, 7-pass US DoD compliant, or a quick one-pass overwrite with random data).
- Added progress indicators to all cleaners so you know Black Hole is working when a cleaner takes a lot of time to run.
- Added an option to enable or disable anonymous system profiling in the preferences. Note: Enabling anonymous system profiling helps me a lot!
- New Recent Items rules for Espresso, BBEdit, Omnigraffle Pro, Soundtrack Pro, Scribbles, ScreenFlow, WireTap Studio, Max, Logic Pro, GarageBand, Sequel Pro, Interface Builder and Xcode.
- New Files and Folders rules for Safari 4+ Webpage Previews, Safari History, Safari Top Sites, Safari Webpage Icons, Safari Last Session and Safari Downloads History.
- Added buttons to submit a rule in one step so it can be considered for inclusion in a future version of the app. Rule submission is completely anonymous.
- A preference has been added to automatically show the Results window when cleaning begins, when it is done, when there is an error, or never.
- The Files and Folders cleaner code has been refactored for a much more efficient and reliable cleanup.
- The Trash cleaner code has been refactored for a much more efficient and reliable cleanup.
- The Results window now displays the time at which the cleaning finished.
- The Results window now scrolls down automatically when messages are added.
- The Volumes cleaner is now much more reliable, especially in cases where opened disk image files are stored on a device that will be unmounted at the same time as the disk image itself.
- All panels now remember their size, column order and width so you can customize how you want Black Hole to look and have it remember your layout.
- The Files and Folders cleaner does not freeze the UI anymore when deleting large amounts of files.
- Fixed a bug where the Files and Folders cleaner could get stuck if checked but no rules were active.
- Fixed a bug where after unmounting a password-protected volume, mounting it back again would not prompt for the disk image password (due to the method previously used to unmount the disk image).
- Fixed a bug in the Volumes cleaner where volumes could incorrectly be detected as still mounted, making the cleaner report a failure.
- Other small fixes and additions.
- Black Hole is now using Grand Central Dispatch to parallelize and make operations asynchronous where appropriate.